Do you want to see the Night Earth applicationin your own language? You can help with translation athttps://github.com/jmgomezpoveda/nightearth-translations
The Night Earth map shows the lights that are visible at night onthe surface of Earth. This allows:
• Observation of human-generated lights from space and lightpollution caused
• Location of the spots with less light pollution, for betterobservation of the stars
• Real-time representation of the Aurora Borealis and AuroraAustralis (Northern and Southern Lights), along the representationof where in the world is currently at day or night
• Real-time cloud coverage, to check where is it currently possibleto observe the stars or the Aurora
• Night photography (only in the website, coming soon to theapp)
The brightest areas of the Earth are the most urbanized, but notnecessarily the most populated.
Two versions of the night images are available, captured by NASA in2000 and 2012. These detailed maps account for 437.495 images intotal, as described in the Night Earth website(http://www.nightearth.com).
• Watch the Earth at night from space
• Zoom in as much as you want so as to see more detail
• Search any location, or tell the application to focus on yourcurrent location
• Switch to the day images and compare between the day and nightimages
• Compare the night images captured in 2000 and 2012
• Labelled night map, to better identify countries and cities
• Track in real time in which parts of the world is day ornight
• Real-time visualisation of the Aurora Borealis and AuroraAustralis (Northern Lights and Southern Lights)
• Cloud coverage
• Support for devices running Android 2.3 onwards and AndroidTV
• Visualisation of pictures uploaded to nightearth.com
• (new) 3D view and VR support
• Additional features are coming soon
Cities tend to grow along coastlines and transportation networks.The United States interstate highway system appears as a latticeconnecting the brighter dots of city centers. In Russia, theTrans-Siberian railroad is a thin line stretching from Moscowthrough the center of Asia to Vladivostok. The Nile River, from theAswan Dam to the Mediterranean Sea, is another bright threadthrough an otherwise dark region.
Some regions remain thinly populated and unlit. Antarctica isentirely dark. The interior jungles of Africa and South America aremostly dark. Deserts in Africa, Arabia, Australia, Mongolia, andthe United States are poorly lit as well (except along the coastand rivers), along with the boreal forests of Canada and Russia,and the great mountains of the Himalaya.
This is the free version of the application. For the version withno ads, you can refer to our separate “Night Earth” app(http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.dreamcoder.nightearth).Thanks for the support.
Love Night Earth?
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NightEarth
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nightearthcom
Access the Night Earth website for sharing your own night pictures:http://www.nightearth.com
If you like the app, please leave positive feedback. Otherwise,please tell us why and how can we improve it([email protected]). Thanks.
Uploaded April 29, 2018 02:12
Filesize 4.6 MB
Developer KIA ORA GAMES PTY LIMITED
Uploaded February 22, 2018 21:01
Filesize 28.4 MB
Developer Small Giant Games
Uploaded March 24, 2018 08:25
Developer Google LLC
Uploaded February 03, 2018 17:41
Filesize 49.7 MB
Developer BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc.
Uploaded March 24, 2018 14:20
Filesize 79 MB
Developer Bortafy Games
Uploaded January 24, 2018 11:43
Filesize 23.9 MB
Uploaded March 23, 2018 22:20
Filesize 70.1 MB
Uploaded March 24, 2018 14:07
Filesize 38.9 MB
Uploaded April 27, 2018 07:32
Filesize 10.5 MB
Developer Beemoov Games
Uploaded March 23, 2018 13:15
Filesize 42.4 MB
Copyright© 2017 app update download